O n the southeast side of Cleveland, in an area now known as "Slavic Village," Florian J. Komorowski built a funeral home in 1939. The funeral home was built upon the belief that providing personal funeral services to the community was one of the most honorable professions a person could have.
Over the years in response to the changing needs of families served the funeral home has been remodeled and expanded to provide larger facilities to accommodate visiting areas, funeral services on the premises, community rooms for luncheons, casket and vault selection room to truly become a full-service funeral home.
David F. and Attorney James J. Komorowski joined their Dad, Florian in 1967 and 1969 respectively. David's son, Michael D. begun working with the family firm in 1991. That same year Komorowski Funeral Home expanded their service area through the purchase of Hyber-Domagalski Funeral Home located on Cleveland's Southside in the area now known as "Tremont." Edward Domagalski, who originally operated a funeral home on Harvard Avenue in the Corlett neighborhood, moved his business in 1951 to Tremont with a branch location in Maple Heights. The Professor Avenue location, adjacent to St. John Cantius Church, continues to operate today as Komorowski Funeral with a long history as Majewski Funeral Home, Hyber Funeral Home, and Hyber-Domagalski Funeral Home.
In November of 2005 David, James, and Michael Komorowski expanded their service to families by merging with Tabone Funeral Home owned and operated by Martin and Alberta Tabone since 1968. Our combined family business will continue our long history of serving Greater Cleveland families with professionalism, trust and honesty.